Monday, October 26, 2015

A Tribute

Leonarda Galvan

I had been wanting to go and visit America again. I tend to get a bit of withdraw after a trip, and I was feeling them. In early April 2014 I got to go, but it was not the kind of trip I was hoping.

I woke up early Sunday April 6, 2014 morning to find out that my dear grandmother had passed away. I know that she was not in the best help, but it was still difficult.


This was the last time I hugged my grandmother. So grateful that I was able to go and visit in November. I just love that she came to the airport to say goodbye. 




This photo is my mom (in white) my grandmother (in green) and my aunt Martha in her arms. She is with her brother.

I made the trip solo. Just me, and my thoughts that kept turning to her. It was a very long flight. I was there for only 3 days since Mike stayed with Lo and AC. It was such a blessing to have had flyer miles, and the international last minute trip only cost us 150.00!! I gave a last minute Eulogy since my aunts and mom and uncle were as mess. I wish i could have been prepared, and known I was going to end up doing it.

I learned so much from her. I have inherited her passion for cooking, and I am so grateful for the recipes that passed along to me. I hold them very close to my heart. They are very special to me. She was a strong woman, who worked so hard to give her daughters and son a better life, than what she know. She had a special ability to turn nothing into something. She was fierce,and brave. She was a worker, she loved to dance. I loved her, and always will.

Though she was not a member of our church I look forward to doing the work for her in the  TEMPLE in a years time.

I really love this bronze piece called Come unto Me. I believe this was my grandmother as she passed from this life to the next. She is no more pain, and now just waiting on  me to do her work for her.

No comments: