Monday, August 8, 2016

Welcome to the World Baby Bowerbank # 3

Welcome Preston

We had a scheduled induction for Preston. With how big Aaron was, they were afraid that Preston was heading in the same direction. At 35 1/2 weeks, on Oct 27th we were off to get induced. They do things differenly here in Germany. They do a gel, it works naturally. The thing was that if it does not work work after 6 hours, you get another dose, and another. This could go on for 3 days. Once you are given the first dose you need to stay in the hospital. So at about 4 hours in, not much was happening, except for some random ones. I did not want to have this going on forever, so i asked the nurse if i could go for a walk. They agreed. I left, and went and walked up and down the stairs all four floors 4x non stop. I got tired,and wanted to go rest. Mike was tired too, so he went to take a nap. As I got ready to take a nap, now about 5 hours in, I was told they were going to do another dose in about 1 hour. I was about to nap, when nope, it was go time. I was not ready. Ha ha ha. I wanted my nap. Oh well, I call Mike and he thought i was joking. Nope get in here. They moved me to my amazing room for delivery. We joked around, i was playing with the fun equipment. They checked me i was at 4 and I told them I wanted an epidural. They called to get everything ready. I was asked to go and empty my bladder. I did, but as I walked out I was in transition. I could hardly walk let alone make it to the bed. The nurses were in shock. It was fast. By the time i made it to the bed, it sucked. I wanted my pain relief which when she checked me, told me i could no longer get it. I told them i needed something. The anesthesiologist gave me something i could control. But it was not enough. Mike said a couple of pushes and baby was here. They rushed him away. I got one quick kiss, and that was it. I had the shakes for a long time. It was strange and I had no idea what the heck was going on. Preston weighed 7 lbs 4.6 ounces, and was born at 7.34 pm, in Germany.  So he would of been a really big boy had he been born on term. 



 Here he is in the NICU. I had not held him yet. He was HUGE compared to the other babies there.
 Getting to hold Preston for the first time. At this  point he still was not named.

 Daddy getting to hold him for the first time too. So sweet and full of emotions. I cried so much.
 Preston and I enjoyed Halloween together in the hospital.
 Big Brother holding baby Brother Preston. 

 My mom holding Preston for the first time.
 Logan meeting Preston for the first time.
After a week in the kinderklinik we were free to go home!

No comments: